Wednesday 24 October 2012

Y3T Program - Week 1


As you know from my previous post, last week I started the Neil Hill Y3T 9 week program, which works out perfectly as the 9 weeks ends just before Christmas.
The purpose behind the Y3T (Yoda 3 Training) program is to always keep your body guessing to how you’re going to train, making it less likely for your body to adapt and into a routine. To achieve this the program is split into 3 weeks and repeated 3 times, each week targeting different muscle type fibers.

Below is my training diary for my first week on the program, as you can see there are warm up sets then straight into working sets. Two key areas I wanted to focus on and I’d advise anyone trying the program to focus on is timed 60 second rest periods to keep the heart rate high and muscles under stress and also mind to muscle connection to keep good form and really concentrate on the muscle pushing/pulling throughout the exercise.



WEEK 1-

DAY 1: Quads & Hamstrings

(warm up) Squats:  8 – 10 reps x 4
Squats: 8 - 10 reps x 4
Hack Squats: 10 – 12 reps x 4
Leg Extensions: 8 – 10 reps x 4
Lying leg curl 8 – 10 reps x 4
(60 seconds rest between sets)



DAY 2: Chest & Triceps

(warm up) Incline Dumbbell Press: 8 – 10 reps x 3
Incline Dumbbell Press: 8 – 20 reps x 4
Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 8 – 10 reps x 3
Machine Press: 8 – 10 reps x 3
(warm up) Tricep Push Down with straight bar: 8 – 10 reps x 3
Tricep Push Down: 8 – 10 reps x 4
Seated Overhead Extension: 8 – 10 reps x 4
(60 seconds rest between sets)

Now, on the program day 3 should be a rest day then straight back in the gym for a two more consecutive days. However seen as I had the Carat Blogger event for fitness and nutrition blogs, I swapped my days around.

DAY 3: Back & Biceps

(warm up) Lat Pull Down 8 – 10 reps x 4
Lat Pull Down 8 – 10 reps x 4
T-Bar Row: 8 – 10 reps x 3
Rack Pulls: 8 – 10 reps x 3
Seated Row: 8 – 10 reps x 3
(warm up) Barbell Curls: 8 – 10 reps x 4
Barbell Curls: 8 – 10 reps x 4
Standing Dumbbell Curls: 8 – 10 reps x 4
(60 seconds rest between sets)

DAY 4: REST DAY

DAY 5: Shoulders & Calves

(warm up) Side Lateral Raises: 8 – 10 reps x 4
Side Lateral Raises: 8 – 10 reps x 4
Dumbbell Press: 8 – 10 reps x 3
Upright Barbell Row: 8 – 10 reps x 3
Rear Delt Flyes: 8 – 10 reps x 3
(warm up) Standing Calf Raises: 8 – 10 reps x 3
Standing Calf Raises: 8 – 10 reps x 4
Seated Calf Raises: 8 – 10 reps x 3

As you know from my previous post and twitter over the weekend, I attended the Sportex Festival in Manchester. As soon as I walked in I spotted Neil Hill and Flex Lewis speaking with people and taking photos, I had the chance to catch up with both of them and firstly congratulate Flex on his Olympia win and discuss the Y3T program with Neil who tells me week 3 is going to be tough, and as long as I can keep my food intake high (even on rest days) and re-evaluate it every 2/3 weeks then I’ll make some impressive gains over the next 9 weeks.

Any questions feel free to ask by commenting below, on the Facebook page or on Twitter.

Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment