Tuesday 23 April 2013

UKBFF Nationals 2013 and 2-3 weeks out progress


Last weekend saw the UKBFF Nationals being held in Leamington Spa with all the new classes added, with all receiving a great response. I unfortunately couldn’t make the trip down but was very keen to see the pics and videos from the mens physique tall and short classes, particularly the short class as Rob Riches was up against USN sponsored Ryan Terry. Both have very well conditioned physiques and from looking at the pics it was a tough decision however Rob Riches came out on top with the win.

I'm sure you'll agree it was a tough one to judge, in my eyes Ryan takes it!

Rob Riches & Ryan Terry


Bikini tall top 3 (left to right: Kathryn Fardon, Lauren Ashwell & Sarah McLean)

Next up was the tall men’s physique class, the class I’ll be competing in, in just less than 2 weeks time. I knew of 2 of the competitors entering, ON sponsored Leon Williams and Richard Lawrence so I was interested to see how they got on. Leon competed in the first UK men’s physique class at the Stars of tomorrow back in November and placed second however this time round he out with first place. From looking at the pics a well deserved first place too, congrats bro! Both Rob and Leon will now be representing the UK in 8 days time at the IFBB European and World Championships, so best of luck to them.




After seeing the pics and having a really solid posing practise on Sunday after a chest session I feel motivated more than ever for my show, I know I won’t be the biggest on the stage but I guarantee I’ll be leanest, most confident and showing that I’m really enjoying myself up there! I had a photo shoot last week, when I was 3 weeks out with Justin Taylor and can’t wait to see the final images. I’ve also got shoots lined up closer to my show with the likes of Simon Howard and Simon Reeves so even though my shows next week I’ll still be maintaining my diet, then having a huge reefed after the BodyPower Expo.

3 Weeks Out

Hitting concentrated flyes on Sunday with Nathan, 2 weeks out.

As my final week gets closers quite a few changes will be made, cardio will be taken up a notch, my calories and carbs will be a tad lower than usual and my fluid intake will be going up. Training wise this is my last week of hitting heavy sets and low reps then I’ll be focusing on more hypertrophy training next week, I have noticed over the last two weeks my strength has dropped a little but that was to be expected and I’m really happy its happened so late in my prep. Apart from that I’m pretty well organised and ready to rock, hair cut this week, photo shoot on Sunday and my show tan is finally booked in for the day before my show with A1 Tropical Spray Tanning based in Leicester, check them out for anyone looking to compete around the UK. And finally I wanted to say a big thank you to my sister, Vanessa for tracking down a pair swim shorts that I’ve been trying to hunt down for weeks seen as I bought the wrong size first time round!!

For the people that have tweeted and messaged me about tickets for my show you can get them from the Pyramid & Parr Hall Box Office on 01925 442 345 or you can pay on the door on the day of the show.



Thanks again for everyone’s support, Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment