Tuesday 7 May 2013

UKBFF North West - My Show!

Its Tuesday 7th May, I'm two days post contest and I'm still on a high and feeling extremely positive and motivated. The two days leading up to my show were a real mix of nerves and excitement, luckily I was fully prepared way in advance so could just chill out and relax rather than running around panicking over the small stuff.

Unfortunately I didn't make the top 3 however I did make the first call out for comparisons against the competitors that placed top 3 so I'm more than happy with that. I've contacted the UKBFF to find out exactly where I placed and for some form of feedback regarding my overall score. The experience from stepping on stage was incredible, I loved every minute of it and remember standing there at one point thinking to myself "this is amazing, I can't wait to do it again, and I honestly can't. I had some really positive feedback from friends, family and other competitors on the day so felt I held my own and brought my best condition to the stage, there's nothing I would of changed or done differently about my prep and I think that's a huge reason why I'm still on a high as I have no regrets.


















Top 3, congrats Olly (1st) and Chris (3rd)

After the show I headed straight down to Sussex for two photo shoots the following day, the first was with well known photographer Simon Howard who was amazing to work with and really knows his stuff, I've seen some of the unedited shots already and they look incredible, I can't wait to shoot with him again this sunday in the gym. The second shoot was for Skinny Chimp, an instantly popular clothing company mixing fitness with fashion. I'm looking forward to working with these guys in the future.



Skinny Chimp Shoot - Awesome vests!

Finally I just want to say a huge thank you to my family, in particular my Mum and Dad for really being there for me throughout my prep, especially my mum as she's helped my cook my chicken and cooks my fish for me while my Dads at work because he can't stand the smell of fish and neither can my house mate! haha



Me, My Mum & Sister, Vanessa

Another huge thank you to Dara for encouraging me and giving me the confidence to step on stage and also follow my passion for the gym and fitness industry. It really was a nice surprise to see you at my show to wish me good luck and show your support.

A big thank you to my main man Nathan who is has supported me so much throughout this prep and has always stayed positive and kept me focused on the end goal, I think I'd of lost my mind by now if we didn't work together bro! We've both been there for each these last few months and I massively appreciate it mate, can't to hit Bodypower next weekend with you. And thanks to Tom who although I haven't know him long has been great support the last few weeks going through posing practice with me, to get my show tan and even coming back stage to help out on the day itself, cheers mate, you'll kill your show in a few weeks! Thanks to Stuart, my old training partner who sold me out for crossfit haha he always pushed me in the gym and has support my blog since it started nearly 12 months ago.

And finally a big thank you to Dan Wheeler, Mike Read, Bleddyn Escott and Craig Dickinson, I've spoke to these guys every single day way before I decided to do the show. They're a top group of lads and all have great potential, its our year boys! And a huge thank you in particular to Dan for prepping me since 2nd January for my show, its been such an enjoyable and flexible diet along with the added support through think and thin. Not only has Dan prepped me but he's also dealt with his own clients, moved house and nailed his own transformation since 2nd January, very motivational!

If I've missed anyone off I'm sorry, I appreciate everyones support and was overwhelmed by all the tweets, texts and messages on the day of the show.

I'll update in a few weeks regarding my new training and nutrition but I can guarantee I'll be stepping on stage, very soon!

Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment